Mocha Chip Cheesecake Bars
These decadent, portable cheesecake treats are simply heavenly. The intense blend of chocolaty mocha and cream cheese is so rich and delicious you wouldn’t be wrong thinking they’d make a great Valentine’s Day treat. Only, when something tastes this luxurious, it would be a shame to make them only once a year.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) regular or reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules or espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- For crust, beat margarine and brown sugar in medium bowl until creamy. Add oats and flour; mix well.
- Press dough evenly onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, coffee granules, cocoa and vanilla in large bowl on medium speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs; beat just until well blended. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Pour filling evenly over crust. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until centre is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.