Medjool Date, Apricot and Almond Chai Oatmeal Breakfast Squares
The warming flavours of chai are baked right into these squares. Serve them right out of the oven or pack up a square to enjoy mid-morning or as an afternoon pick-me-up at work.
- 2 cups Quaker® Quick Cook Steel Cut Oats
- 1/2 cup chopped Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 8-inch (20 cm) square baking dish.
- In large bowl, mix together oats, dates, apricots, almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, salt and pepper. In separate bowl, whisk together almond milk, eggs and butter; stir into oats mixture.
- Pour into prepared baking dish; bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until mixture is set. Remove from oven; let cool for a few minutes. Cut into squares.
- Tip: These bars can also be refrigerated and served cold.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last