Marbled Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Everyone loves a fresh baked batch of cookies. They brighten both rainy days and packed lunches, plus the lingering aroma from the oven is always wonderful to come home to. And this recipe has an added benefit - along with being fast and easy to make, the impressive marbled effect will make you look like a pro.
- 1 pound (4 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
How to make it
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined 4 cups flour, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Divide dough evenly between two bowls. Add cocoa to one bowl and add remaining 1/4 cup flour to second bowl; mix well.
- Add 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup oats to each bowl; mix well. Cover and chill both doughs 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°F. To shape cookies, remove small portion of each dough; keep remainder refrigerated.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of each dough, twisting doughs together to form a single cookie. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 11 minutes or until light coloured dough is golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last