Maple and Strawberry “Grands-Pères”
A twist on a classic! This traditional Québecois and Acadian dumplings recipe is often served during Sugar Shack season but can be enjoyed with loved ones any time throughout the year.
1 carton of strawberries, cut in quarters
1 ½ cups of maple syrup
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup Quaker® Quick Oats
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp cold grated salted butter + 2 tbsp cold butter in cubes
1 cup of milk
How to make it
- In a saucepan, combine the maple syrup tbsp cubed butter and the strawberries. Bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- While the syrup is cooking, in a bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar and baking powder.
- Add the grated butter, then incorporate the milk, mixing roughly with a fork.
- Gently place the mixture to form 8 dumplings in the pan. The dumplings should float on top.
- Cover, then continue cooking for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, then finish broiling until the dumplings are lightly browned.
- When ready, let rest for 10 minutes for the strawberry filling to thicken. Enjoy!