Hazelnut Orange Granola
Made with pieces of roasted hazelnut, chunks of dark chocolate, and lots of fresh orange zest, this crispy and crunchy granola makes a great addition to springtime breakfasts and snacks. Try layering it with yogurt, segmented oranges, and tangy golden berries for a tasty treat.
- 3 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats
- 2 cups raw hazelnut, peeled
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 orange, zested
- 1/4 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate, chopped
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine oats and hazelnuts. Pulse a few times until coarse in texture.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg white, water, oil, honey, vanilla, orange zest, and salt. Add oat and hazelnut mixture and mix well to coat.
- Pour granola onto prepared baking tray and spread out evenly. Bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to ensure even browning.
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool. Then add in chocolate chunks and mix to combine.
- To serve, layer with yogurt and fruit (orange segments and golden berries).