Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
It would be great if you and your family could sit down to pancakes or bacon and eggs every morning. In the real world that can be tricky. But whip up a batch of these on Sunday night and you’ll all have delicious, fruit-infused breakfasts for the week.
- 1-3/4 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked), divided
- 2 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (add an additional 2 tablespoons if using old fashioned oats)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups. For topping, combine 1/4 cup oats and brown sugar; set aside.
- For muffins, combine 1-1/2 cups oats with remaining dry ingredients in large bowl; mix well. In small bowl, combine milk, egg whites, oil, lemon peel and vanilla; mix well.
- Add to dry ingredients; stir until moistened. Gently stir in berries. Fill muffin cups almost full; sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack for five minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.