Layers of Love Cakes
Nothing says love like a delicious home-baked dessert. And you don’t have to wait for Valentine’s Day to make it. It’s easy and in this case it can’t even be confined to a single layer. There’s just too much raspberry purée and luxurious creamy filling to go around. Which is the way it should be.
- 1 package (18.25 oz) white cake mix, regular or with pudding
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1 cup cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 pint heavy (whipping) cream
- 1-3/4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, coarsely crushed
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly coat 24 medium muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- For cupcakes, beat cake mix, milk, oil, egg whites and 1 teaspoon vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds to blend.
- Beat 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Gently fold in oats. Divide batter evenly between muffin pan cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool 2 minutes in pan; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Add cream, gradually increasing mixer speed to high and beat until soft peaks form. (Do not overbeat.)
- With serrated knife, slice cupcakes in half horizontally. Spread cut side of cupcake bottoms with heaping measuring teaspoonful crushed raspberry spread. Top with heaping measuring tablespoonful cream. Place cupcake tops cut sides down on top of cream, pressing gently. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and garnish with additional fresh berries if desired. Cover and refrigerate leftover cupcakes up to 3 days.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last