Juicy Jumbo Burgers
The name of this recipe kind of says it all. These are big, moist, delicious burgers that are sure to impress everyone in your home. You can whip them up in roughly 20 minutes, which is perfect when you’re craving a juicy homemade burger.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup, tomato sauce, beer, BBQ sauce, or salsa
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Hamburger buns (optional)
How to make it
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except hamburger buns, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Broil or grill patties 4 to 6 minutes on each side to medium (160°F) doneness, until not pink in centre and juices show no pink colour. Serve on hamburger buns, if desired.