Jam Oat Flour Streusel Squares
These sweet treats feature a combination of oat flour and large flake oats to give them a wonderfully toasty taste. While this recipe calls for raspberry jam, any flavour will elevate this delicious dessert and impress loved ones.
- 1/2 cup Quaker® Oat Flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1 1/2 Quaker® Large Flake Oats
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (still warm is fine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberry jam
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch square pan and line it with parchment paper so that the paper comes up the sides.
- Stir the oat flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt together in a mixing bowl to combine. Whisk in the oats.
- Stir in the melted butter and vanilla and stir until the mixture is crumbly and no dry oat flour is visible.
- Press two-thirds of the streusel into the bottom of the pan. Spread the jam overtop in an even layer and sprinkle the remaining streusel over the jam to cover it.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the jam is bubbling at the edges. Cool the pan on a rack completely before lifting the whole square out, using the parchment paper, onto a cutting board to portion.
- The squares will keep in an airtight container for 3 days or refrigerated for a week.