Halloween rocks because if there’s one thing better than free candy, it’s homemade cookies on a stick topped with vanilla frosting and an assortment of sweets. The only trick you’ll have to worry about is trying not to finish the whole batch in one night.
- 1-1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) margarine, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Flat wooden sticks
- Prepared vanilla frosting
- Assorted candies (such as candy corn, spearmint leaves, chocolate pieces, candy-coated chocolate pieces)
How to make it
- In large bowl, beat sugar and margarine until creamy. Add eggs and milk; beat well. Add combined oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Cover; chill about 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Roll dough into 1-1/2-inch diameter balls. Place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Insert a flat wooden stick into side of each ball of dough.
- Using bottom of glass dipped in sugar, flatten to form 2-3/4-inch diameter circles.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Decorate as desired with frosting and candies.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last