Honey Lemon Tea Loaf
Honey lemon tea is delicious. Now bring that great taste to the table for dessert. Whether it’s just a slice for yourself or if you’re serving it to guests, it’s a fantastic way to close out a nice dinner.
- 1 container (6 oz.) low-fat or non-fat lemon yogourt
- 2/3 cup double-strength brewed green or black tea, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray two disposable aluminum foil loaf pans (8-1/2 x 4-inch or 8 x 3-3/4-inch) with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine yogourt, tea, honey, oil and egg with wire whisk or fork; mix well. Stir in oats and let stand 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, lemon peel, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add to oat mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.) Pour into pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre of loaf comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Store tightly wrapped up to 3 days. Label and freeze for longer storage.