Holiday Polka Dot Bars
Tis the season to enjoy tasty treats. Presents are great and so are the snacks. Give the kids a Holiday Polka Dot Bar for being so good this year. Chocolate chips and some sprinkles or candy will make them look forward to the holidays even more.
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Candy-coated chocolate pieces in holiday colours OR holiday sprinkles in holiday colours OR coloured sugars
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375° F. Spray 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture and mix well. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove pan to wire rack. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over hot cookie in pan; let stand until softened, about 1 minute.
- With spatula or knife, spread softened chocolate evenly over cookie. Sprinkle with candy-coated chocolate pieces; press down lightly. Cool completely; cut into bars.