Hearty Banana Oat Flapjacks
Having friends sleep over for some over-due catch-up time is fun at any age, which is why you should spend time laughing over memories around the breakfast table instead of fussing over what to make. These fruity flapjacks are easy to put together and taste great enough to help create new moments to share.
- 2 Large ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL granulated sugar
- 1 cup/250 mL all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup/125 mL Quaker® 100% Whole Grain Large Flake Oats or Quaker® 100% Whole Grain Quick Oats (uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tablespoon/1.25 mL salt (optional)
- 1 cup/250 mL fat-free (skim) milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL vegetable oil
- Aunt Jemima® Original Syrup, warmed
- Additional banana slices (optional)
- Coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
How to make it
- Combine banana slices and sugar in medium bowl; stir to coat slices with sugar. Set aside.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and, if desired, salt in large bowl; mix well.
- Combine milk, egg and oil in medium bowl; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.)
- Heat griddle over medium-high heat (or preheat electric skillet or griddle to 375°F/190°C). Lightly grease griddle.
- For each pancake, pour scant ¼ cup/60 mL batter onto hot griddle.
- Top with four or five sugar-coated banana slices.
- Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Serve with warm syrup and additional banana slices and nuts, if desired.