Halloween Mummy Oatmeal Cookies
These mummy oatmeal cookies are a fun and tasty treat made with Quaker® Large Flake Oats. Bake up a batch to get into the spooky spirit this Halloween season.
- 1/2 tub vanilla icing, store bought
- 48 candy eyes, or mini chocolate chips for eyes
- 3 cups Quaker® Large Flake Oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup salted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar, granulated
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, Quaker® Large Flake Oats, cinnamon and baking soda. Mix until combined.
- In a second large bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and mix until light and creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. This step allows the cookies to bake slower and creates thicker chewy cookies.
- Using a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto the baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to finish cooling.
- Transfer the vanilla icing to a piping bag with a flat tip, or a plastic bag with the corner cut off. Pipe lines of icing across the cookies to create the mummy bandages.
- Stick 2 candy eyes on each cookie. Serve and enjoy!