After a bake sale the kids are hoping you’re going to make that three-story gingerbread house they saw. This can be solved in two easy words. Gingerbread. Cupcakes. They’re smaller, easier to make but the best part is that kids will enjoy it just the same.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine milk, molasses, oil and egg; mix well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; mix until well blended. Fill muffin cups almost full.
- Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients, adding enough lemon juice for desired consistency; mix until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cooled cupcakes. Store loosely covered.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last