Ginger-Berry Oatmeal Muffin Tops
Golden brown with the slight spice of ginger, these muffins will cause a clamour at the breakfast table. How you proceed is up to you. Pop the crumbly top first, or take an all-encompassing bite. They’re distractingly delicious either way.
- 1 1/2 cups/350 mL Quaker® 100% Whole Grain Large Flake Oats or Quaker® 100% Whole Grain Quick Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup/125 mL granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup/75 mL (⅔ stick) margarine or butter, melted, divided
- 1 1/3 cups/325 mL all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon/3.75 mL ground ginger
- ⅔ cup/150 mL milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup/250 mL blueberries, fresh or frozen
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400°F/200°C. Lightly grease large cookie sheet.
- Combine oats and sugar in large bowl mix well. For streusel topping, combine ¼ cup/60 mL oat mixture and 1 tablespoon/15 mL melted margarine in small bowl. Set aside.
- Add flour, baking powder and ginger to remaining oat mixture; mix well.
- Combine milk, remaining melted margarine and egg in small bowl; mix well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in blueberries.
- For each muffin top, drop batter by ¼-cup/ 60-mL portions onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over batter, patting gently.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last