Garden-Style Turkey Loaf
Turkey goes so well with most holidays and it’s easy to see why. There’s just something festive about it. Now you can treat yourself any day of the week to a crowd-pleasing meatloaf that uses turkey instead of beef. It’s easy, delicious and yes, a little more festive – which can turn a typical weeknight dinner into something worth celebrating.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey breast
- One 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly. In 13 x 9-inch baking pan or on rack of broiler pan, shape turkey mixture into 9 x 5-inch loaf.
- Bake 1 hour or until thermometer registers 170°F and centre is no longer pink. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.