Frozen Banana Pops
Peanut butter goes with anything. Celery? Check. Jelly? Check. Bread? Check. Fruit? You can now check that one off the list too. This tasty treat uses bananas and peanut butter. Add a little Quaker goodness and throw it in the freezer. What you get is a deliciously chilled snack and a whole bunch of jealous popsicles.
- 1-3/4 cups Quaker® Life® Original Cereal
- 4 large firm, ripe bananas (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup Creamy, chunky or flavoured peanut butter
- 8 thin wooden craft sticks
How to make it
- Place cereal in large resealable plastic bag, remove all air and seal. Coarsely crush cereal with rolling pin or palm of hand. Transfer cereal to large plate.
- Peel and cut bananas in half crosswise, gently push craft stick about 1-1/2 inches into cut end of each banana half.
- Spread 1-1/2 tablespoons peanut butter evenly onto banana, roll in cereal to cover completely. Place banana pop on waxed paper covered plate.
- Repeat step 3 using remaining bananas.
- Place bananas in freezer 1 hour or until coating is firm. Transfer pops to large freezer-safe resealable plastic bag and freeze completely.
- Remove pops from freezer 10 minutes before serving.