Frosty Black And White Pie
Ice cream is a great addition to any dessert. So many things taste better with a scoop of ice cream on the side. Well, this time ice cream is front and centre. Mix a few scoops of ice cream with Quaker into a pie for an awesome frozen treat. You’re going to love it.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon solid vegetable shortening
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 2-1/2 cups Quaker® Life® Original Cereal, coarsely crushed
How to make it
- Line 9-inch glass pie plate or metal pie pan with aluminum foil.
- To make crust, melt chocolate chips with vegetable shorting according to package directions.
- In large bowl, combine melted chocolate and cereal, mix until well coated. Remove 1/4 cup and spread on waxed paper, refrigerate.
- Press remaining cereal mixture onto bottom and up sides of pie plate. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until crust is firm.
- Carefully lift crust out of pie plate, peel off foil and return crust to pie plate.
- Spoon ice creams alternately into crust. Swirl together with spoon, smooth top. Crumble reserved chocolate-covered cereal, sprinkle over top of pie, gently pressing into ice cream.
- Cover pie, freeze until solid, at least 3 hours.
- To serve, remove pie from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges.