Fresh Start Muffins
Strawberries and blueberries come together. Blueberries taste great and as for strawberries, everyone loves them. Combine them in a muffin and you get a one of a kind snack that you won’t soon forget.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 12 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar, divided
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar and baking powder; mix well. In small bowl, combine milk, oil, egg and vanilla; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.) Gently stir in blueberries and strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups three quarters full. Sprinkle batter in each muffin cup with 1 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.