Famous Oatmeal Cookies
So good, they’re famous. Make batch after batch of these cookies and watch them disappear. Add chocolate chips, nuts, shredded coconut and more to customize your perfect cookie experience.
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat brown sugar, shortening and granulated sugar until creamy. Add egg, water and vanilla; beat well. Add combined oats, flour, salt and baking soda; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.