Easy Shortbread Cookies
Even if you’re too full for a little dessert, the same can’t always be said for everyone else at the table. That’s when it’s time for something small, but delicious. Our Easy Shortbread Cookies hit all the right notes. A small post meal snack that’s both light and sweet which is the perfect way to end a big meal.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened slightly
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Coloured sugar or candy pieces
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350° F. Place butter in large (1 gallon) resealable plastic bag. Squeeze with hands until very soft. Open bag; add sugar and vanilla. Reseal; squeeze and knead until ingredients are well mixed. Open bag; add oats and flour. Reseal; squeeze and knead until ingredients are well mixed.
- Open bag; scrape dough together with spatula and remove from bag.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart; flatten with fingers or tines of fork to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Decorate as desired with coloured sugar or candy sprinkles.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until bottoms are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.