Easy Bake Tex Mex Taco Loaf
Let’s face it, you can never go wrong with meatloaf. There’s a reason it’s a go to recipe when you want a family favourite. Still, there’s always room to add a delicious twist just to keep everybody on their toes. So tonight, why not give your meatloaf a Mexican makeover? We’re talking chunky salsa, shredded lettuce and cheddar cheese. Sombreros and piñatas are totally optional.
- 1-1/2 pounds 80% lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (1 to 1.25 oz.) package reduced‑sodium taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded reduced‑fat cheddar cheese
- 1‑1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives Reduced‑fat sour cream (optional)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine all meatloaf ingredients; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Press meatloaf mixture evenly into 8- or 9-inch square metal baking pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until thermometer inserted into centre of meatloaf registers 160°F. Drain any juices.
- Top with remaining 3/4 cup salsa and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Let meatloaf stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- To serve, cut meatloaf into 6 squares.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, olives and sour cream.