Double Orange-Walnut Muffins
Sometimes there’s only enough time in the morning for a coffee or if you’re lucky, a fast bowl of cereal. The next time you’re in a rush, grab yourself a homemade muffin. This one has orange juice already baked in. One bite and you’ll see that even the craziest morning can get a little bit better.
- 1-1/2 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)*
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts, divided
- 2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup Tropicana Pure Premium® orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup low‑fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray bottoms only of 12 medium muffin pan cups with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
- Stir together flour, oats, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add 1/2 cup walnuts; mix well. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat 2/3 cup juice, milk, egg and melted butter with whisk or fork until well blended. Add all at once to dry ingredients.
- Stir just until dry ingredients are evenly moistened. (Do not over mix.) Pour into prepared muffin pan cups, dividing evenly. Sprinkle tops with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and immediately spoon remaining 1/4 cup orange juice over tops of muffins, dividing evenly.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle tops of muffins with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Remove from pan. Serve warm.