Double Chocolate Cookies
Dinner’s done. The family is together at the table. Plates are empty. Stomachs are full and yet there’s always a little room for something sweet. Chocolate is good but double chocolate is better. Double chocolate is always better.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In small saucepan, melt 1 cup chocolate chips over low heat; cool.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. In large bowl, beat margarine and sugar with electric mixer until creamy.
- Blend in melted chocolate, egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in oats and remaining 1 cup chocolate morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack. Store tightly covered.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last