Everyone loves your cooking. They actually got through all their veggies at dinner. That’s the dream. The promise of chocolate chips in a nice light cake can make it a reality. Maybe you’ll even be lucky enough to kick your feet up while they do the dishes.
- 1 package (18 oz.) white cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup whole or 2% milk
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup min semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup marshmallow cream
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or spray 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, oats, water, milk, egg whites, oil, vanilla and almond extract. Beat 2 minutes with electric mixer on medium speed.
- Gently stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Spread evenly into pan.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until top springs back when pressed in centre. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- For frosting, combine powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and marshmallow cream in medium bowl; mix until smooth.
- Spread frosting over top of cooled cake. Sprinkle with coconut, if desired, and remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.