Cranberry Oat Thumbprints
These appetizing cranberry, oat, and chocolate morsels are a perfect bring along to a wedding shower because they present so well. Place them into a coloured box, add a bow and you have a low-cost, quick-to-make gift that is bound to impress.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground toasted walnuts
- 1/8 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
How to make it
- For cookies, beat butter, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Add combined flour, walnuts and salt; beat just until combined. Add oats; beat just until combined. Cover and refrigerate dough until firm, about 2 hours or overnight.*
- For filling, combine cranberries, granulated sugar and water in small heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer gently, stirring frequently, until cranberries pop and mixture thickens. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Pinch off pieces of dough and roll into 1-inch balls. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Use thumb to make deep indentation in centre of each ball.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are light golden brown.
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely.
- Store cooled cookies at room temperature in airtight container, separating layers with parchment or waxed paper, up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in container at room temperature.
- To serve, fill centres of each cookie with 1/2 teaspoon cranberry filling. Melt chocolate according to package directions. Transfer to resealable plastic sandwich bag and seal. Snip tiny piece from corner of bag. Pipe chocolate over each cookie.
- Refrigerate just until chocolate sets.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last