Cranberry Ginger Oat Scones
If you’re looking for a new teatime treat, try adding interesting cranberry and ginger flavours to a classic shortbread dessert you already know and love. Something tells us you may love this sweet and fruity switch-up just a little bit more.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter or margarine, chilled, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup plain non-fat yogourt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, ginger, baking soda and salt; mix well. Work butter into dry ingredients with fork or fingertips until mixture resembles small peas. Stir in cranberries. In small bowl, combine yogourt and egg; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir with fork until soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface; knead gently 8 to 10 times. Transfer to ungreased cookie sheet. Pat into 8-inch diameter circle; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Cut into 8 wedges; separate wedges slightly.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Separate wedges; transfer to cooling rack. Serve warm.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last