Celebrate the season with this festively festooned dessert. A teasingly tart cranberry mix fills freshly made dough, topped by sweet icing. So good, it will be a new holiday tradition.
- One 16-ounce can whole berry cranberry sauce
- One 16-ounce package hot roll mix
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup hot water (120° to 130°F)
- 1/4 cup egg substitute or 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, divided
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons low-fat or fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
How to make it
- Spray two cookie sheets with cooking spray. Place cranberry sauce in fine strainer or sieve; stir to break up. Set aside to drain thoroughly.
- In large bowl, combine contents of box and yeast packet from hot roll mix with oats and 1/4 cup granulated sugar; mix well. Stir in hot water, egg substitute and margarine until dough pulls away from bowl.
- Knead on lightly floured surface 5 minutes or until smooth. Divide dough in half. Keep half the dough covered. Press other half of dough into 12 x 8-inch rectangle on one cookie sheet. Top with half of drained cranberry sauce, 1/4 cup nuts and 1 tablespoon sugar to within 1 inch of edge. Roll up, starting from long side, pinching seams and ends to seal.
- Bring ends together to form a ring. With kitchen shears, cut through ring almost to centre at 2-inch intervals. Make second wreath with remaining dough. Cover both wreaths loosely with plastic wrap; let rise in warm place 30 minutes or until nearly double in size.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover wreaths; bake 23 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- For icing, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix until smooth. Spread over top of each wreath. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last