You don’t have to round up cattle or ride into the sunset to appreciate a cookie that doesn’t mess around. Packed with coconut, raisins, nuts, and chocolate chips, these are perfect for the cowboy or cowgirl in you who needs a wholesome treat that will go the distance.
- 1 cup vegetable shortening or 1/2 pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup raisins
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat shortening and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder; mix well. Add oats, chocolate chips, nuts, coconut and raisins; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.