Crunchy and crumbly, these biscotti are designed for dipping. Serve them with your favourite coffee or cappuccino and take on some serious down time.
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats
- 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 7 3/4 ounces)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a food processor; process until finely ground. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine oat mixture, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine milk, vanilla, and eggs in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until well blended. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead lightly seven times with floured hands. Shape dough into a 15 x 3–inch log on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet; pat to 1-inch thickness.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Remove roll from baking sheet; cool on a wire rack.
- Cut roll diagonally into 18 (1/2-inch) slices. Place, cut sides down, on baking sheet.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°; bake 18 minutes. Turn cookies over;
- bake an additional 18 minutes (cookies will be slightly soft in centre but will harden as they cool).
- Remove from baking sheet; cool completely on wire rack.
- Place chips in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 30 seconds or until almost melted, stirring until smooth; spread evenly over tops of biscotti.