Coconut Dream Bars
These Coconut Dream Bars are a treat to be thankful for! With flavours the whole family will love, this easy-to-make recipe is a perfect option for holiday celebrations. Incorporating Quaker® Quick Oats into the base layer adds to the deliciousness of this decadent dessert.
Graham Cracker Layer
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup Quaker® Quick Oats
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ + 1 tbsp cup melted butter
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 1 tsp flakey salt
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 9X9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together graham cracker crumbs, Quaker® Quick Oats, sugar, and melted butter. Pour mixture into baking pan and using the bottom of a measuring cup push the mixture down. Be sure to really push into the corners. Next, place into the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Once done baking remove from the oven.
- While the graham crackers crust is baking mix together the shredded coconut, condensed milk, vanilla, and salt. Once the graham cracker crust is out of the oven, pour the coconut mixture over the top and spread out evenly using a spatula. Now place pan back into the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- While the coconut layer is baking, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double boiler or in the microwave. Once coconut layer has slightly browned edges remove from the oven and pour over the melted chocolate. Smooth out evenly, sprinkle on salt, and allow to fully cool on counter or in the fridge.
- Slice and enjoy! These will keep fresh for 5 days on the counter or in the freezer for 4 months!
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last