Cinnamon Coffeecake Muffins
Coffee and muffins go hand in hand with mornings, but they get a lot closer in this recipe. Cinnamon Coffeecake Muffins were inspired by mornings but can be enjoyed whenever you like. This is a perfect treat when you need to whip up a quick yet sophisticated snack.
- 1/4 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 3 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon trans-fat free spread
- 3 tablespoons + 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup original toasted wheat germ
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray bottoms only of 12 medium muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- For topping, combine all ingredients in small bowl; set aside.
- For muffins, combine 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; set aside. In large bowl, combine oats and buttermilk; mix well. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in egg and oil until blended.
- In medium bowl, combine flours, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda and remaining 1/2 cup sugar; mix well. Add to oat mixture all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.)
- Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar over top of batter; gently stir 4 to 5 times to make swirls.
- Fill muffin cups almost full; sprinkle with topping. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.