Chocolate Oatmeal Chippers
You love the smell of fresh-baked oatmeal cookies, but raisins just don’t do it for you. And plain is just… well, plain. Load them with chocolate chips and nuts and it’s the oatmeal cookie reinvented just the way you like it.
- 1-1/4 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1‑3/4 cups (11.5‑oz. pkg.) milk chocolate chips
- 1‑3/4 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; mix well. In large bowl, beat butter, sugars and vanilla extract with electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chips, oats and nuts. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until edges are set but centres are still soft. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.