Chocolate-Kissed Thumbprint Cookies
Baking a batch of incredibly delicious cookies is easier than you think. All you need is some nuts and store bought candy and watch how an ordinary chocolate kiss melts like a warm hug in the centre of an oatmeal cookie. It’s easy. So just sit back and wait for the smiles to come.
- 1 Cup(s) (2 sticks) margarine or butter, slightly softened
- 1 Cup(s) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Cup(s) Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 Teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 2/3 Cup(s) ground macadamia nuts or pecans, divided
- 1 1/4 Cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 Egg(s)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Beat together margarine and sugar until creamy. Add egg yolks and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined oats, flour and 2/3 cup ground nuts; mix well.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites with fork until frothy. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Dip in egg whites; press one side into remaining nuts.
- Place ball nut side up 1-inch apart on prepared cookie sheet; press thumb deeply in centre of each.
- Bake 8 minutes; remove from oven; Place one chocolate piece in each centre. Return to oven and continue baking 5 to 7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- Store in tightly covered container.