Chocolate Cookie Bear
A birthday party favourite, this little guy is a tasty treat and fun activity all in one. Just pass around the frosting and the candy decorations, and let the kids’ imaginations go wild creating their teddy bear masterpieces.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened (do not substitute)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Ready to spread frosting
- Assorted small candies, candy sprinkles, coloured sugar
How to make it
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter with electric mixer until creamy. Add melted chocolate, eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined oats, flour, baking powder and salt; mix well. Cover; chill about 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- To make bears, shape dough into 1-inch balls for the bodies, 1/2-inch balls for the heads and 1/4-inch balls for the arms, legs and ears. On ungreased cookie sheets, gently press pieces together to form bears, placing 2 inches apart. Flatten bears slightly.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until firm to the touch. Do not overbake.
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Decorate as desired with frosting and candies. Store tightly covered.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last