Chocolate Chunk Granola Bars
Ever try making your own granola bars at home? Chocolate Chunk Granola Bars are a great place to start. They’re simple to make and sweet to taste.
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1‑1/2 bars (6 ounces) Ghirardelli Sweet Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup Kretschmer Original or Honey Crunch Wheat Germ
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat brown sugar, peanut butter andmargarine until fluffy.
- Add corn syrup and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in oats, chocolate, coconut, raisins and wheat germ. Press onto bottom of ungreased 13 x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Chill1-1/2 hours or until firm. Store loosely covered.