With a burst of syrupy cherry and drizzled chocolate in every mouthful, you’ll make your mark with these tasty treats. No two thumbprints are the same, but they’re all equally delicious.
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1-3/4 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups (two 10-ounce jars) maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
How to make it
- In small microwave-safe bowl, microwave 1 cup chips on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. In medium bowl, combine oats, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. Stir in oat mixture. Cover; refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press deep centres with thumb. Place maraschino cherry into each centre.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets, remove to wire racks. Cool completely. Melt remaining morsels; drizzle over cookies.