Chocolate Brownie Oatmeal Cookies
Upgrade your snack list to include this heavenly hybrid of brownie and oatmeal cookie. Experience the rich decadence of chocolate brownies in the shape of a chunky oatmeal cookie. Two classic, great-tasting snacks are finally together as one.
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Powdered sugar (optional)
How to make it
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, margarine and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add melted chocolate; mix well. Add combined flour and baking soda; mix well. Add oats and nuts; mix well. Cover; chill at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are almost set. (Centres should still be moist. Do not overbake.) Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Store tightly covered.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last