Chewy Fruit & Oatmeal Cookies
Surprise your taste buds with a scrumptious take on the classic oatmeal cookie. Go with raisins if you’re in a traditional mood, or try a mix of dried mixed fruit and cranberries. It’s comfort food with a twist.
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 carton (8 oz.) vanilla or plain low-fat yogourt
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup diced dried mixed fruit, raisins, or dried cranberries
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350° F. In large bowl, combine sugars, yogurt, egg whites, oil, milk and vanilla; mix well. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add to yogurt mixture; mix well.
- Stir in oats and dried fruit. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store loosely covered.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last