Chewy Cocoa Cookies
Can’t decide what flavour of cookie will really hit the spot? Whip up a batch of these and you won’t have to play favourites. They have all the warmth and chew of oatmeal raisin AND the richness of a chocolate biscuit in every bite.
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large egg whites or, 1 egg
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup raisins
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat margarine, sugars and egg whites until creamy. Add milk and vanilla; beat well.
- In separate bowl, combine oats, flour, cocoa and baking powder; mix well. Add to margarine-sugar mixture; mix well. Stir in raisins.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or just until set. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet. Remove to wire rack; cool completely. Store tightly covered.