Chewy Blond Brownies
Make over your classic brownie and go blond. Full of gooey chocolate and crunchy nuts, these are the decadent squares you love, but with a chewy infusion of nutritious oats. As delicious as the original but a lot more fun.
- 2/3 cup (1 1/3 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 1‑1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1‑1/3 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1‑1/3 cups all‑purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup semi‑sweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, beat margarine and sugar until fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients; mixwell. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool; cut into bars.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last