Caramel-Topped Cheesecakes with Oat-Pecan Crust
You know that saying “you can’t have too much of a good thing”? This recipe embraces that thought on every level. Easy to prepare, and totally decadent, this single serve cheesecake might be devoured quickly, but is sure to be talked about for many days to come.
- 1-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1-1/4 cups packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup butterscotch caramel topping
- Sea salt
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Line 18 medium muffin cups with foil liners.
- In large bowl, combine oats, pecans, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, and the butter, blending well. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the mixture into bottom of each foil-lined muffin cup, then press evenly and firmly to form crust.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese on medium-high speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy, scraping bowl occasionally. Add remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar and vanilla; blend well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake about 20 to 22 minutes, or just until set.
- Cool in pans on wire rack. Chill at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, top each individual cheesecake with scant tablespoon of butterscotch caramel topping (if too thick to spread, place in microwave for a few seconds to soften). Sprinkle a few grains of sea salt over and serve.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last