Broccoli Stuffed Tomatoes
Broccoli Stuffed Tomatoes sounds like something you could only get at a restaurant but that’s just not true. They’re actually not that difficult to make at home. It only takes about half an hour to whip up this impressive and delicious starter.
- 4 large tomatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 2/3 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup low-fat small curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan or Swiss cheese
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350° F. Slice 1/4 -inch from stem end of each tomato. Scoop out pulp and seeds; discard or reserve for another use.
- Arrange tomatoes in shallow 1-quart glass baking dish. In medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Fill tomatoes with broccoli mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.