Big Dipper Oatmeal Cookies
Your kids want chocolate cookies. You want them to have wholesome oatmeal cookies with raisins and nuts. Meet them in the middle with these delicious treats. If your little ones like to help out in the kitchen, we especially recommend letting them do the dipping.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup raisins or semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in oats and, if desired, raisins; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips according to package directions. Dip half of one cookie in chocolate; gently shake to remove excess. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Place on waxed paper until set. Repeat with remaining cookies. If chocolate thickens, microwave at 15-second intervals until fluid. Store cookies with waxed paper between layers in tightly covered container.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last