Best Oatmeal Cookies
Company’s coming over and you forgot to pick up dessert. No problem. Give yourself a break by turning to this bakes-under-ten-minutes version of a classic goody. Oatmeal cookies are a true favourite, but you’ll love them even more when you can prepare these while changing into your party outfit.
- 1-1/4 cups (2-1/2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat margarine and sugars until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; mix well. Add oats; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes for a chewy cookie or 10 to 11 minutes for a crisp cookie. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.