Best Banana Bread
Freshly baked banana bread draws a crowd. So be ready to share. Perfectly moist and endlessly fragrant, it makes having a single slice simply impossible. Serve straight from the oven or pop in the freezer for an on-the-fly occasion.
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute or 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Heat-stable sugar substitute equal to 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray bottom only of 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine oats and milk; mix well. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir in bananas, egg substitute and oil until blended.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sweetener or sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; mix well. Add oat mixture to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.) Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely. Store tightly wrapped.