Berry-Licious Lemon Streusel Cake
Streusel is German for "something scattered" which might apply to a lot of us, trying to balance the demands of work and family. Luckily this cake is simple to make and chock-full of wholesome goodness with raspberries and blueberries and oats. Sit down, relax and enjoy with your family. You deserve it!
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1 package (18.5 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogourt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray and flour sides and bottom of 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan.
- For streusel topping, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix until crumbly. Set aside.
- In large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, oats, water, yogurt, egg whites and lemon peel; blend at low speed until moistened.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Gently fold berries into batter. Pour batter into pan. Sprinkle streusel evenly over top of batter, patting gently.
- Bake 35 to 37 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.