Berry Berry Streusel Bars
A magical mix of berries topped by buttery streusel. A truly tempting trap for a sweet tooth. With little lemon zest to lend a tasty contrast, make these bars two batches at a time. They’re sure to be new favourites.
- 1-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons (1-1/2 sticks) margarine or butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
- 1/3 cup raspberry or strawberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine oats, 1-1/4 cups flour, sugar and margarine; mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup oat mixture for topping. Press remaining oat mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 8 or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack.
- In medium bowl, combine blueberries, preserves, 1 teaspoon flour and lemon peel, if desired; mix gently.
- Spread evenly over crust to within 1/2 inch of edges. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture, patting gently.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered.