"BBQ" and "oats" don't often find themselves in the same sentence. Neither do "cereal" and "savoury." This delicious snack aims to change that by combining the smoky flavours of BBQ with the crispy crunch of Quaker® Life® Original Cereal, pretzel sticks and roasted peanuts.
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry barbecue seasoning
- 7 cups Quaker® Life® Original Cereal
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 1 cup dry roasted* or unsalted peanuts
How to make it
- Heat oven to 250ºF. In 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan combine cereal, pretzels and nuts, set this cereal mixture aside.
- In a small sauce pan melt margarine over low heat. Add barbecue sauce, garlic salt and barbecue seasoning, simmer 3-5 minutes until it thickens slightly, stirring constantly.
- Pour barbecue mixture evenly over cereal mixture. Stir to coat evenly.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Spread on baking sheet to cool.
- Store in tightly covered container up to 4 days.